First off, I’m not going to get involved in any “this patch is BAD, I’m unsubbing”-type debates. All I’m going to say is that 6.1 was designed to be a systems patch rather than a massive content patch, and it delivers. So, here are my impressions of the various changes and features that I’ve encountered so far.
– S.E.L.F.I.E. camera: it’s silly, it’s fun, and people seem to either love it or hate it. I find it amusing, but not enough to use it constantly. What I DON’T like about it is the sheer randomness of getting the mission to obtain the camera. Some people got it the moment they logged in post-patch, while some STILL haven’t gotten it. Seems like it should be automatic for everyone, considering how much Blizzard promoted this feature.
– Twitter integration: again, people either seem to love it or hate it. I love it, mostly because it vastly simplifies the task of tweeting screenshots of things (the Crop feature is awesome). The tedious chain of “take screenshot-open Paint-find the damn screenshot-crop-save-write a tweet-find cropped screenshot-send tweet” has been broken! Those who hate it seem to be most annoyed by perceived “Twitter spam”; I guess it depends on who is doing the tweeting. Personally, integrating Twitter with WoW won’t make me tweet more often, but it will make my tweeting easier. If it bothers you, go ahead and block/unfollow me since you must not have been paying attention to my Twitter style for the past couple of years.
– Heirloom tab: meh. I’m not a big user of heirlooms, so I’m probably not the intended audience for this feature. However, anything that removes clutter from a player’s inventory is a welcome change as far as I’m concerned.
– Garrison NPC “visitors”: bah. I’m not a fan of this at all. Crafted gear already has a massive amount of RNG baked in with the stat budgeting, so adding another layer of randomness to obtaining the new recipes is a Bad Idea. It doesn’t encourage “socializing in your friends’ garrisons”, rather, it encourages complaining and endlessly waiting for that ONE NPC to spawn.
– Create All work orders: YES!!!! It’s about damn time!
– Stacking Miner’s Coffee buff: zoom zoom! I love it!
– Garrison jukebox: SWEET! This was one of the features I was looking forward to since the day it was announced! No more awesome-yet-tediously-epic music on repeat! I’m not totally pleased that a large number of the scrolls are non-guaranteed boss drops (out of six raids I entered yesterday, four of them did not drop their respective scrolls), but at least you get a “starter set” of scrolls from your faction’s capital cities. The quest to build the jukebox is available to everyone upon logging in for the first time post-patch, so there’s none of the S.E.L.F.I.E. camera RNG nonsense.
– Bug fixes and class tweaks: um , yay! As a Protection warrior I got some survivability buffs: Shield Barrier is no longer completely useless! Also, allowing tanks to use cooldowns during Suplex in the Hanz’gar and Franzok fight is incredible: I went from dying 2-3 times per fight to none after this fix!
That’s what I have for now. Enjoy!